Thursday, May 18, 2017

How to Catch Catfish 101 Baiting, Lures, Setups Community

Folks, when you learn those 3 points below the Which, the Where, and the When you’ll have everything you need for learning how to catch catfish.  The only thing that would stop you is if you don’t get your butt out to your favorite watering hole!

Once I learned those catfishing basics, I was ready to take my game up a notch.  I wanted to get to catch big catfish.  So I watched a bunch of videos and read a bunch of things.  I tried pretty all I learned to find out what worked best for reeling in the big ones.  So as a bonus to this site, I’m proud to show you what things worked best for me to catch the trophy catfish like you see in the pics.




  • Which catfish bait to use
  • Where catfish hide
  • When is the best time to catch catfish

When to Fish for Catfish?
Except for winter, you can catch catfish all year long.  Well, let me rephrase that.  You can learn how to catch catfish all year, but winter is very hard unless you’re lucky enough to live down South.  I don’t fish much in the winter, but if I do, I’ll go bass fishing and give the cats a rest!

The night is better than daytime to find catfish, generally speaking (unless it’s Fall and more on that below).  Pure and straightforward.  I would never fish for catfish during the day unless it were an overcast day or if it was raining.  Rainy days can be excellent during the spring and summer.

In the spring, don’t even think about catfishing until the water warms above 50 degrees. Spring is a good time, though.

In the summer, I’ve had the best success between 2 am, and 8 am.




In the fall, look out.  Here’s when you can find some big catfish.  When the water starts cooling down from the summer, the game gets right.  You won’t need to fish for catfish at night in the Fall.

In the winter, forget about catching catfish unless you’re in the South.  The Blue Catfish are active in the winter in the South.

Learning when to catch catfish is critical of learning how to catch catfish, so I hope this section has helped you.

No comments:

Post a Comment